Pilot (Season 1, Episode 1)
This post is breaking down the jokes in this episode that you might not have understood or missed.
- Ders: “GQ time. GQ time. Everybody time to get GQ time.”
- Gentlemen’s Quarterly: A monthly men’s magazine
- Blake: “Hey, look who it is. It’s Dick-tan-bay Mutombo.”
- Adam: “Look who it is. Your dick is so tan bro!”
- Dikembe Mutombo: A former NBA player who retired in 2009. He is now blocking shots in a Geico commercial.
- Adam: “You don’t have to worry about us because we are straight as arrows. We should be in quivers ’cause we’re straight like…as arrow..we should…we’re archers.”
- Quiver: A portable case for holding arrows. Select you quiver style here.
- Robby: “I’m a professional. I’m a freakin’ bloodhound, and I can see the signs. The glazed eyes, the ridiculous J crew outfit, and you…”
- J Crew: The highest quality men’s and women’s clothing store
- Blake: “I found this stuff called Niacin. It’s suppose to flush the toxins out of your system.”
- Niacin: A vitamin that lowers cholesterol and lowers the risk of heart disease. Also, may help you pass a drug test.
- Adam: “I could start a fire, burn this place down.”
- A reference to the movie “Office Space” where the office is burnt to the ground to solve the worker’s issue.
- Alice: “Every employee has tested positive for the following: marijuana, MDMA, PCP, HGH, Lipitor, Adderall, DayQuil, NyQuil. Why would anyone take both? Nitrous Oxide, Benzedrine, Valtrex, Flomax, Cialis, and birth control”
- Marijuana: Psychoactive drug and medicine from the Cannabis plant
- MDMA: “Ecstacy”, “E”, “X”, Pure form: “Molly”
- PCP: “Angel Dust” Dissociative drug
- HGH: Human Growth Hormone
- Lipitor: Drug used for lowering blood cholesterol
- Adderall: Used for ADHD
- DayQuil: Relieves symptoms of the common cold and flu
- NyQuil: Relieves symptoms of the common cold
- Nitrous Oxide: “Laughing Gas”
- Benzedrine: “Bennies” Can cause a euphoric stimulant effect
- Valtrex: Used to manage herpes
- Flomax: Treatment for difficult urination
- Cialis: Treats erectile dysfunction
- Birth Control: Pill taken to prevent pregnancy