This post is breaking down the jokes in this episode that you might not have understood or missed.
- Ders: “Before we get into that though, we got that surprise. Check it out. A little bit of Hype Williams!”
- Ders: “It’s kind of a big deal for me. It’s my first business trip. Right? I’m like Steve Martin in that John Candy movie.”
- Adam: “I thought you wanted to be like Steve Jobs and do a bunch of acid with us.”
- Ders: “Oh. This thing? Hammacher Schlemmer…Also I got a GoJo if you want to borrow it for the ride home. ”
- Alice: “Yeah. She just got cornered by a couple of real knuckle draggers.”
- Knuckle Draggers: Reminiscent of the hunched over cave man, with his arms to the ground. An insult used against those of extremely low intelligence, or general stupidity.
- Blake: “Fire! Fire! Fire!”
- A quote used from Beavis and Butt-head who were obsessed with fire.
- Blake: “Yeah don’t worry. I played a lot of Area 51.”
- Gale: “It’s unreal. All I can hear is the soundtrack from Drive…”
- Ders: “My trip is the same as yours. Crazy music, Tron soundtrack, Daft Punk just bouncing around in my head…”
- Alice: “Do you think I sound like one of Marge Simpson’s sisters?”
- Adam: “Sorry it didn’t work out even though you had a decent size d**k, you don’t have moves like Jagger.”
- Referring to Mick Jagger’s dance moves. (Lead singer from The Rolling Stones).
- Also the song “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5.
- Blake: “You know I always thought God would be a slob like one of us. Not a busty little desk clerk. More of a stranger on the bus type. Ya know?”
- Blake is using lyrics’s from Joan Osborne’s single “One of Us.”
- “What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us. Just a stranger on the bus, trying to make his way home.”
- Adam: “You are really light by the way. Like child solider skinny. I could carry you into war Kony style”