Season 3, Episode 19: “In Line”
This post will analyze and breakdown some of the jokes you make have not understood or missed from this episode. You can read my recap and other fun things from “In Line” here. Let’s break it down brahj:
- Live Action Role Playing (Also seen in the movie Role Models)
- “Jenny From The Bank”
- A reference to Jennifer Lopez’s song “Jenny From the Block”
- Jillian is going to see “Walking With Dinosaurs: The Arena Spectacular”
- A live show; you can watch the commercial (here)
- Jillian: “My life long dream is to live in Jurassic Park times.”
- Ders: “1993?”
- The movie “Jurassic Park” was released in 1993. (Trailer here)
- Adam: “You do kinda look like Jared Leto a little bit.”
- Jared Leto is an American actor, director, producer, and musician.
- You might know him as the singer for 30 Seconds to Mars.
- Jenny (through phone): “What’s all that noise?”
- Ders (with Montez in background noise): “I’m watching an episode of Martin.”
- “Martin” is an American TV sitcom with Martin Lawrence.
- Montez: “Okay you gon’ tell her you have a gang of Tanqueray and some bubonic chronic.”
- “Gang of” = “a lot of” (duh)
- Tanqueray: A brand of distilled English Gin, used to make cocktail drinks Made popular by Snoop and Dr. Dre
- Bubonic Chronic: Some high quality weed
- Adam is in the “Clean Needle Line Starts Here” line
- He’s really in line at a health clinic where drug addicts go to obtain clean needles. The health department issues these to decrease the spread of disease among drug users by sharing needles.
- Adam: “Have you seen Benjamin Button? The makeup in that…”
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a fantasy drama film released in 2008 starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett
- Adam: “My mom was actually stabbed in the stomach when she was pregnant with me waiting in line for Riddler’s Revenge at Six Flags. So I have like Post Dramatic Pre-Natal Stress Disease.”
- Riddler’s Revenge is a rollercoaster at the Six Flags amusement park
- Adam is also trying to refer to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which is a disorder that creates anxiety for people who have been through a traumatic event
- Karl: “Dude, I’m on the Bang Patrol baby.”
- The Bang Patrol is the actual title of an adult video series.
- Adam: “This stuff me feel strong dude. I feel like I could punch through a wall. Now, what kind of weed is this?”
- Drug Addict: “It’s PCP.”
- Angel Dust, Embalming Fluid, Killer Weed
- A drug where its sedative and anesthetic effects are trance-like, and patients experience a feeling of being “out of body” and detached from their environment
- Blake: “Excuse me Chad, alright, and I’m just assuming that’s your name by the way you’re dressed, but…”
- A “Chad” is a stereotypical douchebag asshole/jock/frat boy who thinks they are the best at everything
- Devin: “That’s what you get when you mess with Tony Danza’s cousin!”
- Tony Danza is a popular American actor (IMDb)
- Blake: “I’m a Force of Nature man. I’m an Avatar of Might.”
- Jenny (to Ders): “And if you ever call me again, I will upload this to burning camel.”
- That is the name of an actual adult website. Product placement? I think so.
- Ders: “You just got saved. Saved by the knock is what I’d call it.”
- Possibly a reference to the show “Saved By the Bell.”
I hope you enjoyed this post! Stay WEIRD.